!--[if lte IE 7]>
SHILOH BAPTIST CHURCH was incorporated on September 12, 1916. The first Pastor, Rev. Sturevant, began the ministry with his first members in a barn located in a section of Port Norris called, *Peek of the Moon*.
In 1923, a strong Deacon Board and a Mother Board were established. It was expressed by the late Rev. O.L. Stanley, Mrs. Jamison and Mr. Noah Collins that a place of worship was desired in the sparsely settled community. The first building was erected with the help and generous contributions of Josiah and Daniel Newcomb.
Since Shiloh*s existence, there have been many great Pastors with Visions. They are Rev. Sturevant, Rev. Williams, Rev. Moore, Rev. Harris, Rev. Holly, Rev. J. Donaldson, Rev. S. Donaldson, Rev. Johnson, Rev. Whitfield, and our present Pastor, Rev. James A. Dunkins. Also, many Ministers have come and gone playing an important role in the growth of Shiloh. Among these were, Rev. H. Donaldson, Rev. U.S. Griggs, Rev. J. Russell, Rev. Ingram, and Rev. McCree, all deceased.
While here, Rev. Donaldson had the church (old edifice) enlarged to its present size, adding a dining room and installing pews as well as carpeting. Rev. Spurgeon B. Donaldson was installed on September 16, 1955, by some of our former Deacons: Mr. Thomas Smith, Mr. Pete Evans, Mr. Noah Collins, Mr. Hezekiah Fauntleroy, Mr. John Watson, Mr. Manford Stubbs, who are all deceased. He first fully functioning Deacon Board consisted of: Dea. Thomas Smith, Sr., Chairman, Dea. Pete Evans, Dea. Noah Collins, Dea. Hezekiah Fauntleroy, Dea. John Watson, Dea. Manford Stubbs, Dea. Thomas Jamison and Dea. Fred Roane, all deceased.
In 1975, Rev. T.B. Whitfield of Atlantic City, New Jersey, became the Pastor. Under his leadership, a parsonage was purchased. There was also a Deaconess Board established and many other administrative and organizational structures reinforced.
In 1985, Mr. James McLean, his son, James, and Mayor Clarence Berry, added an annex to the church by donating the West Side Baptist Church to us. This church has been used for many purposes, such as Sunday School, Bible Study classes, workshops, day care center, and is presently being used to house the administrative offices for our Shiloh Family Services Program.
In 1985, our present Senior Pastor, Rev. James A. Dunkins, was installed. Under his leadership, we have been blessed, through his God-given Vision, to build a new edifice. During his pastorship, seven Ministers have been Ordained: Rev. Alfred Comer, Rev. Kato Brown, Rev. David Ennis, Rev. Donald Corbin, Rev. Gary Mack, Rev. Ronald McBride and Rev. James Hull; and we have numerous Ministers and Ministers In-training on staff.
Through the Vision that God has given Pastor Dunkins, Shiloh now has three full Morning Worship Services: 8:00 a.m. Early Worship & 11:00 a.m. Worship in Port Norris and 9:30 a.m. Worship in Vineland; a Christian Education program that offers weekly Bible Study classes for adults and age-appropriate youth classes; a New Members Orientation Program (Pastor*s New Members Class & Discipleship); a recording Mass Choir and two Youth Choirs; an Usher Ministry that consists of four separate committees; a Power with Purpose/Spiritual Gift Survey Ministry; a Tape & Video Ministry; and the *Day of Deliverance* Television Broadcast which airs on Saturday evenings and Sunday mornings. Additionally, Pastor Dunkins was the Founder and Developer of the Shiloh Community Development Corporation and the force behind the Port Norris WorkForce Center. Through this program, many needs were met throughout the Cumberland County area including a Clothing & Feeding Program, Medical Transportation Program and job development. In 2011, we started our Home Bible Study program, and we presently have thirteen homes throughout the Cumberland County area.